Sunday, January 24, 2010

Raining on Sunday

WOW I am so blessed!!!! I had a great crazy busy day!!!! First to start off I went to Church at the Chapel which is such an awesome place. I got to lead worship today (YAY) and lead two of the songs Darren and I have wrote, which is so fun! After worship Darren and I went back to Chapel Kids Club to lead the kids in learning about how to put our priorities in order, something I am still working on. However, one of my favorite parts of CKC wasnt even involving the lesson. Darren said aloud that he was getting married in 6 months from today and this girl in the front row yelled, "EWWWWWW!" I was dying then someone raised their hand and said, "Darren who are you marrying?" Darren replied, "Marissa," Another hand went up and explained to Darren, "When you get married then she can tell you what to do." The girl next to her response was, "Oh yeah my mom does that." Wow, I was rolling on the floor at this point, what a great morning.

After church we set up a time to view a four-plex we are interested in. It is awesome and I love it, however it is still 6 months until we are to be married and I we are trying to wait as long as possible to find a place, so that we can pay off loans, I HATE being patient I am so bad at that. I heard a great quote from a movie though it said: did you ever think that when you pray to God for Patience that he would give you opportunities to be patient? Well I find myself running into those opportunities a lot. So pray for me, that I can wait this out. God has a plan I need to make sure I dont push that plan faster then it is suppose to go, there is a time for everything.

Later in the day Darren and I were invited to a friends house in which we were in charge of bring ribs. I love ribs, however I have never cooked ribs myself. Darren and I had 3 lbs of great organic ribs which he had feed himself at the farm he works at on the weekends. We decided we were going to slow cook the ribs for 10 hours, I turned them on when I woke up and had to suffer all day until we left smelling the yummy goodness. And they actually turned out ok :) ... Is there other yummy ways to cook ribs? Any suggestions out there?


Anywho, I leave you all with a CHEER for 6 months LEFT YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment