Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weddings!

I LOVE WEDDINGS! It is kind of like an addiction really. I love going to weddings, planning weddings, watching wedding shows on TV, looking through weddings magazines. Really plan and simply I LOVE weddings. However, I HATE money! And the way money creates a monster. I feel the monster creeping up on me sometimes with planning my wedding. As some of you know I am on a tight budget. My budget is about $4000, with a invite like of almost 400 people. It is fun to figure out money saving ideas, and then at the same time I feel like I am always checking myself making sure that I am not spending too much money on things I really want. Things that have saved me FRIENDS! I love all of you. I have the best florist who is a friend from High School she has given me great ideas and worked completely within my budget, which is not easy task when I have 12 bridesmaids. Yes, I said it 12 bridesmaids. I have also bought a lot of things online which is sometimes risky but has worked out for me so far (cross my fingers for the rest). I am also in need of finding WHITE tulle CHEAP ... so if you see any out there let a sista know ... please!

I also have a very fun opportunity coming up on Saturday! I get to go sing for a guy who records music. It is really low key but if he likes it he is going to help Darren and I record our music! I am super pumped and hope it works out! Pray for us. :)

So you know how I mentioned in my first blog the way I got the idea for a blog was from Julie and Julia ... well just the other day I watched it again and noticed WOW she cooks with a lot of butter, I thought that has to be bad for you right, then I was reading an article about Julia Childs and her obsession with butter, and a comment by a nutritionist said that eating REAL butter and cooking with it is actually healthily for you, it is when you eat margarine and "fat free" it becomes a problem. I thought it was interesting. Bring on the butter. hehehe

Later tonight my church The Chapel in Troudale Oregon will be have a community dinner, 3 dollars suggested donation, then I head out for a class, FPU! Which by the way it an awesome class!

1 comment:

  1. I Love you babe!!! and I am so exited for our wedding! I Love your blog! you are such an amazing thoughtful and caring person :)

    ReplyDelete